Jun 16, 2011

Pioneer Woman Envy

Do you read Pioneer Woman Cooks? Because if you don't, you should. She's funny, and fantastic, and uses butter and cream in everything. I want to be The Pioneer Woman, but sigh, here I sit, just another day as regular old Amy Lawson.

I tried to make some pioneer woman bread. And well, I'm still not her. Mine's not ugly, but it's not breathtakingly beautiful like Ree's either:


How'd she make her bread bloom like that? I WANT MY BREAD TO BLOOM, DAMN IT!

But either way, it was really good. It had to be, there was an entire stick of butter in that loaf. Oh, and in case you're wondering, I used her recipe, but added half a bag of wilted spinach (wrung out and chopped finely), and a small handful of cheddar cheese.

And this. Isn't this the ugliest picture I've ever posted on this site?


Sauteed beet greens with sesame seeds and cashews. Tasted better than it looks. Honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment