Feb 17, 2011

Pancakes and Tofu

February 17, 2011

I'd like to start by saying that my husband was completely offended by that webcam picture I posted down there. I guess it wasn't very flattering?

I wonder what he'd think if he knew I was wearing my pajamas at work right now.

So, I'm on day....let's see....twelve (thirteen?) of my vegan escapade and so far, so good. I've discovered, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that cookies and candy are my kryptonite. I already knew this, but now I know it even more.

Aside from the cookies, I'm still surprised at how not hard this is turning out to be.

I made pasta with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and kale for lunch yesterday, and it was really good--there was nothing to miss. But I do have to admit that last night's dinner was a flaming flop. What was supposed to be roasted tofu with sweet potatoes and salad, turned into sweet potatoes.

I've yet to find a technique wherein tofu is made edible. I can't even begin to tell you much much I hate it. I can stomach it at a thai restaurant, but at home it gives me an instant barf reaction. I hate, hate, hate it, and I'm officially giving up. Screw you, tofu.

For those of you who might be looking, here's a really good and really easy pancake recipe. To make it truly vegan, you'd have to swap out the white sugar for something refined in a different way, but either way, they were good.

And the hemp protein...totally tastes like dirt. There's no masking it. But if you blend it up with chocolate soy milk and a banana, it tastes like chocolaty dirt...and I can handle that.

2 comments:

  1. Is your pasta egg free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't bring myself to love tofu either. I keep trying every now and then, but the gag result is always the same.

    ReplyDelete